About QuadraPile Helical Pile Foundation Systems
The QuadraPile helical piling foundation system consists of lengths of helical aluminium pile which are driven into the ground and joined together to form a single pile to the depth required.
QuadraPile is available in two sizes: 100mm diameter and 64mm diameter
The size chosen will depend on the required load capacity and purpose.
There are two main ways to connect a QuadraPile foundation to a structure:
- By casting the top of the helical pile in concrete (for a ground beam or pile cap)
- By bolting into the threaded hole in the top of the pile (for modular buildings or suspended structures)
Advantages of QuadraPile
The advantages of the QuadraPile helical piling foundation system for foundation and remedial work are clear:
- Minimal or no use of concrete.
- Can be used near trees and in root protection zones of trees with Tree Preservation Orders (TPOs).
- Quick and clean to install.
- Reduced groundworks and spoil disposal.
- Fully removable and recyclable.
- In-situ proof testing gives a true value for load capacity.
Our QuadraPile helical piles are manufactured from an aluminium alloy which has excellent corrosion resistance and structural properties. The helical piles are removable and recyclable when the building comes to the end of its useful life.
What is QuadraPile for?
The QuadraPile helical piling foundation system is used as a solution to many problems:
- Underpinning – repair of buildings suffering from subsidence. A less disruptive alternative to traditional underpinning.
- ‘Pile and beam’ foundations for traditional-build extensions.
- Foundations for timber frame or SIPs buildings.
- Foundations for modular residential extensions.
- Foundations for modular or pre-fabricated school classrooms.
- Telecommunication mast foundations.
- Foundations for solar array installations.
- Foundations for viewing and access platforms.
- Repair of failed retaining walls.
We have various Standard Details for the use of QuadraPile which can be used unaltered but it is often necessary to adapt details to suit a particular project. We have years of experience in this kind of design work so we are happy to provide advice where required.
The standard details can be viewed and downloaded here: QuadraPile Standard Details Download Page
QuadraPile Installation Video
View the video below to see the QuadraPile helical pile foundation system being installed ready for a timber building