- A school refurbishment project meant that a new large opening was being created in a brick elevation.
- This would lead to significant extra load on the piers each side which, along with the other piers on the wall, were already showing signs of movement due to inadequate foundations.
- We installed QuadraPile helical piles into small excavations at the base of the piers.
- The piles were load tested before being tied into the existing foundations using stainless steel helical bar and cast concrete pile caps.
- The piles work to upgrade the existing foundations rather than replacing them so disruption is minimal and the job can be completed relatively quickly.