- During an extensive refurbishment project, it was discovered that the service room at the top of a high-rise block of flats had unstable inner leaf masonry, due to lack of wall ties.
- Dismantling and re-building would have meant relocating numerous services, so stabilising in situ was preferable.
- We installed stainless steel helical ties through the inner leaf and into the concrete frame outer leaf to restrain the masonry.
- Trial tests were carried out to ensure adequate load capacity was achieved.
- All required equipment was easily carried to the top floor and the work caused minimal disturbance to the residents of the flats.