To install the foundations for an extension at the rear of a property, where the site posed the following challenges:
- The site had limited access and clay soil.
- The presence of an existing sewer pipe across the site required careful consideration.
We provided a QuadraPile solution including structural design, pile installation and reinforcing which was ideal as it addressed all issues:
- Small installation equipment removed any access problems.
- Minimal ground disturbance meant the sewer could be left in place and beams used to span over it.
- In-situ testing meant that Building Control were satisfied with the pile load capacities in the poor soil.