To provide the foundations for an extension, where the site posed the following challenges:
- Nearby trees and highly shrinkable clay soil meat that a piled solution was the only viable option.
- The restricted access down a set of steps mean that a system with lightweight, portable equipment was needed.
- Installation of a QuadraPile solution with reinforced concrete ground beams was ideal.
- All the equipment could be carried down the steps by two operatives without needing any large machinery.
- Heave protection boards could be installed to allow the ground to move without affecting the structure of the building.